Monday, May 29, 2017

Into The Water By Paula Hawkins Review

After seeing this book all over Instagram and other book blogs; I decided that this would be the first book I would be reviewing for our book blog. The second I got home from purchasing this book; I sat down and cracked it open. This book is a good thriller but I do have to say that I preferred Hawkins book Gone Girl.
    With that being said there are a few things that I didn't particularly like about this book. The more you read the book the character list just seems to grow and grow, so sometimes it was hard to keep up with some of the characters; I believe in total there is 10-15 characters point of views that you read; to me, I feel like that's a lot to keep track of. The people that I consider to be the main characters are Nel, Jules, and Lena, while reading I just felt they could have focused on their views more than other characters. Another thing I didn't like much was I felt like I couldn’t connect with any of the characters and actually, I didn't seem to like any of them either. Now after seeing this book everywhere I honestly say that I thought that I would have a great review, but I have to say it was just ok. I can say I enjoyed the book a lot but to me, it just wasn't that “page turning” thriller that you want in a book like this.
•    This Book was reviewed by Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment