Sunday, July 23, 2017

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things By Jenny Lawson

For this weeks book review, we thought we should do a joined review. We both read Furiously Happy A funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson. Both of us have been wanting to read this for some time now; so on our latest trip to Barnes and Noble, we decided we should finally pick it up. Now here on our blog, we're never going to spoil a book for you and we have reasons why.


Hey Everyone!
Paige here, I’m beyond excited for this review because this is our first joined review! Now, all of us struggle with something during our life at one point or another. In Furiously Happy Jenny Lawson shares her experiences battling with many diagnoses. While reading this you will say "WOW so I'm not the only one that has gone through something like this" well at least that is something that I said while reading through this book. I have to say this Is a must read for anyone but especially if you or someone you know suffers from anxiety, depression or anything else for that matter. Not only will learn you are not alone out there with whatever you are possibly going through but you also see there are ways you can deal with your personal battles and possibly later down the road laugh about what you have gone through. Just remember that no matter what it is you're going through it's going to make you a stronger person down the road. Do you love the Raccoon on the front cover or is it just me? I know when i first saw it I couldn't help but laugh plus there's a great story behind it!


Hey all,
This is Raisa and I am super excited for our first joined review! Okay, let me get to the review right away. Is it weird if I could relate to so many of the stories Jenny Lawson wrote about? I thought I was the only one who hid from people! Glad I’m not the only one. Seriously, this book tackles depression, anxiety, and life in a hilarious way. I read a few chapters of the book when I was in the waiting room at the dentist. What perfect time to be laughing out loud, when people are nervous about their tooth extraction and then there is this complete stranger laughing like a maniac! Gosh, makes for an interesting visit. Ha! Yes, I had a couple of funny stares.

I recommend this book to anyone who has suffered or is suffering from depression, anxiety and or any other mental illness. I also recommend this book to anyone who wants to better understand mental illness. Lawson writes about a topic that is not easy to write about because it is so personal, yet the way she writes about it, it is funny. Her stories are relatable! At this point, you should be ordering your copy or heading to your local library and start reading this book! Plus, it has some hilarious pictures. We all love hilarious pictures, right? Comment below and on our Instagram and let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment